What is Community Services?
Community services ensure the “social well-being of individuals and families through promotion or intervention strategies provided at the earliest opportunity.” This aligns with the Government of Alberta’s Family and Community Services regulations. In collaboration with Leduc County, Calmar adheres to the understandings that:
- local people can influence things that affect them
- communities can be innovative and creative
- when citizen participation, self-help and volunteerism are encouraged, human growth and potential are enhanced
Contact Calmar Community Services
|Phone:||780-985-3191 or 780-985-3604 ext 227|
|Available:||Monday – Friday|
|Hours:||9:00 am – 4:30 pm|
|Address:||PO Box 750
Calmar, Alberta T0C 0V0
Community Services, through the Town of Calmar office, supports the following services
- Seniors Citizen Liaison
- Christmas Elves
- Food Bank Drives
- Community Education Programs
- Active Parenting Information
- Adult Literacy Outreach Program
- Volunteer Network- linking volunteers, needs and programs
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Babysitter & Home Alone Courses
- Community Information & Referral Services:
- Food Bank
Community Service Public Engagement
Please watch for updates.
- Togetherall offers a safe, and anonymous community to connect from anywhere, at any time. Togetherall Interactive PDF
- Leduc County Resource Listing
- COVID-19 Support:
- Snow Angels details: snowangelscanada.ca
- The Town of Calmar is now a Clare’s Law Social Service Response Network member. People at risk of domestic violence have the right to get information about potentially harmful intimate partners, please contact Community Services to access this service or click here.
- Income Tax Return Program for Low Income Families, Adults, Seniors, Single Parents & Students
Program to be available the months of March and April. Contact Community Services for more information.
- Virtual Tax Coaching
Do you want to gain the skills to complete your taxes yourself? Do you have access to reliable Internet and a computer? Are you eligible for the CVITP? Register for supported self filing with the Community Service Now!
- Community Connections
Let’s disconnect from our devices and reconnect with our community! Join us for an evening of information, connection and refreshments Thursday, September 21st. Click here for details. Organizations, recreation groups & local businesses click here to register your table.
- Calmar Youth Council
The Town of Calmar and the Calmar Public Library would like to invite youth grades 7-12 to join the Calmar Youth Council! Click here to find out more or click here to register.
For more information on Leduc County events go to: https://www.leduc-county.com/services/fcss